[78-L] Found an old crank victrola

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:19:48 PDT 2009

Info from LOOK FOR THE DOG by Robert Baumbach:

The model you have was made from 1911 to 1926 and sold for between $25
and $35.  It's similar to the Victrola IV except for a larger oak
cabinet and a double-spring motor.  These features made it $10 more
expensive than the IV.

In May 1913 the VI was remodeled with a 'suspended horn amplifying
chamber' (the horn thus floating within the cabinet rather than
attached to it) and a 12 inch turntable replaced the 10 inch.

In November 1918 the cabinet was redesigned to include a removable
motor board (earlier, the entire top was hinged) and now the VI was
also available in mahogany.

The VI is equipped with an Exhibition sound box and nickel-plated hardware.