[78-L] Abrams File was Rigler-Deutsch index

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Wed May 6 00:17:14 PDT 2009

Is there a version of the Abrams File online?

>From querying worldcat it appears that quite a few classical, and
other labels, not in 78discography, were included in Rigler-Deutsch and
ARE included in worldcat, though with many errors.  I find worldcat tedious
to use
 - I haven't found the way to limit search to record label....

My recollection of Rigler Deutsch is that it was intended as a "union
catalog"
of sound recordings in the collections of participating institutions - don't
remember
if private collector collections were included.

We certainly need a good online universal discography - everything from
tinfoil
to cd and whatever is next.  It would be nice to have images of labels,
album/jacket,
notes, etc. also included.

Steve, how much of your collection has been added to 78discography?

Best wishes, Thomas.