[78-L] 78 shops in BC

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Tue May 5 16:08:47 PDT 2009

I never saw any 78s, but there's an incredible used book shop in Penticton. It's right on their charming little Main Street. If you're from the US, the opportunity to see large quantities of Canadian books, which in many cases means British books, especially the older ones, is a rare and unusual treat. My wife and I liked Penticton better than just about any BC town we saw last summer, including all of those. Trail is pretty neat, too, if you enjoy having the world's largest smelter hanging over your head! You can't pick a bad road to drive for scenery in the whole province, I don't think.