[78-L] Clamp them records down,durium chevrolet

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Mon May 4 08:05:03 PDT 2009

Yes indeed, must be. Mine is entitled DISCO DEMOSTRATIVO COLUMBIA... Wait a
second, I'm going to take it.

Columbia Record - big notes, etc. No catalogue number.
DISCO DEMOSTRATIVO - Oigan esta cara primero - Discos Columbia, Toda la
música del mundo.
This side is te one spoken in spanish, and has matrix no. 21746-3. I've just
finished playing it. It's a speech in spanish (probably a mexican o
argentinian man) about the purity of tone and clarity of reproduction, etc.
followed by an habanera played by a band as a demonstration of the
affirmations aforementioned. It ends with an anouncement of another
demonstration of sound on the other side (doesn't give the title, and is a
generic announcement, valid for any side).

The other side is labeled the same, except for the indication to play the
opposite side first. It's a standard band selection (matrix 5828-2-5) that
we could identify using a Columbia matrix book, the Abrams files or anything
more... as per Abrams' files it is:

BANDA POLICIA DE MEXICO       CANTO AL PUEBLO MARCHE
05828     A-0636+   -         -         (1908)    -

Task achieved.

Iñigo Cubillo