[78-L] Johnny Standley

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun May 3 12:46:40 PDT 2009

I had a link to the label for this a couple of years ago and I'm sure it's
still in one of my files, but not jumping out at the moment.

This just in..Ray Kilcoyne sent a link while I was typing this.

In all likelihood the Magnolia issue came first, since Capitol kept the disc in
print into the 60s (latterly on LP). Capitol also purchased the master for Andy
Griffith's "What it Was, Was Football" which was originally issued on Colonial.

Magnolia's home address was the Horace Heidt Agency, Inc. in New York, as a
subsidiary of the Horace Heidt label. ARLD doesn't show disc numbers for
Magnolia but does for the HH label, with 1060 being issued in September 1951..
1063 would have followed shortly after.

dl