[78-L] How well did they do it

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun May 3 12:21:39 PDT 2009

Mike Biel wrote:
> I and many Old Time
> Radio people have likewise been entranced by the odd tambre of the
> Finale recording used in The Lone Ranger, a recording made in Mexico
> City in 1938 by RCA especially for the program.  For decades collectors
> searched through every commercial recording of it to find this exact
> recording before the truth was found out about this special recording.
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Let us not forget the 1926 Rosario Bourdon William Tell recording on Victor
which was used for the Lone Ranger theme until the special Mexican
recordings were made (thanks, Richard Jones!).  I imagine it is a fairly
common record; released in the regular black label popular series, IIRC.
I've had a copy for a few years.

Sammy Jones