[78-L] Eurovision on 78

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Sun May 3 09:25:27 PDT 2009

My belief is that there is no such thing as a Western European agenda,
regarding 45s. British EMI left their French counterpart free to do
exactly what they wanted.

Companies such as Philips (Dutch) and Polydor (German) rebelled against
the RCA Victor format, and they played two different formats against
it: the 7" 78rpm Minigroove, and the Variable-Grade 78rpm,
respectively. Without any success, of course.

When was the first 45 produced in Germany ? I'd like to know. I guess
it was later than elsewhere, am I wrong ?

BC