[78-L] Johnny Standley

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat May 2 12:13:56 PDT 2009

At 18:35 02/05/2009, Brian Bashford  wrote:
>The UK group The Scaffold pinched the tune and called it "Lily The Pink". It
>was an Xmas  UK no. 1 hit in 1968.

Yep -- I know of Lily the Pink and I can hear it there ... Jennifer
Eccles was covered in freckles ....

A funny story about Lily the Pink, though. About 15 years ago I dj'd
at a friends wedding. Friend's husband was from the UK and a huge
contingent of his family attended. They wanted it all prim and proper
and so I was given a stack of classical CDs and shuffled through them
as the dinner and reception went on. Went the event was over, and I
was packing up I tossed in a Scaffold CD and played Lily the Pink.
Suddenly the prim and proper atmosphere dropped and strains of
'weeeeeeeee'llllllllllll ..drink a a drink a drink to Lily the Pink
the Pink the Pink' through the church hall.

Most efficacious in every way!

Tony