[78-L] Johnny Standley

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat May 2 11:17:36 PDT 2009

I was going through some stuff I picked up at the Goodwill store in
Niagara Falls Ontario, and amidst the stuff I passed over at first
glance (common really big artist or artist I'd never heard of), I
came across a gem that totally sums up why I love collecting 78s!

Its a Canadian Capitol release (of a US Capitol master) of Johnny
Standley (with Horace Heidt and his Muiscal Knights) and It's In The
Book Parts 1 & 2. This is a hoot. If you've never heard it or of him,
I'd advise you to go to You Tube and see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQA6tBYAvms

This is not my You Tube post but one of the UK issue by someone else.

I see from a quick google that he just passed away back in March.

You won't hear great stuff like this on what passes for radio these days!

Tony