[78-L] Pat Ciricirillo

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat May 2 10:04:31 PDT 2009

What a Little Google Can Do To You!

Doug is correct...by Googling his name I learned that he was Bix's neighbor
at the 44th Street Hotel and owned the piano on which Bix wrote some of his
later songs.  The piano is now in the Louisiana State Museum Jazz Collection
along with some other Bix memorabilia.

Even more interesting to me,  the other link which comes up for Pat C. is a
very detailed site about Harry Belafonte's recordings.  Pat is on a couple
of them from 1956,  including a NYC session whose personnel reads like a
directory of outstanding but often-forgotten sidemen from the 30s, 40s and
50s,  including Paul Ricci,  Billy Rausch,  Doc Goldberg,  Jack Satterfield,
my piano man Bob Kitsis from the old Shaw band,  as well as Eddie Barefield,
and on drums....Bob Haring Jr.!

I do love the internet.

Taylor