[78-L] Clamp them records down,durium chevrolet

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 1 13:15:58 PDT 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
> Malcolm Rockwell wrote:
>
>> I'd be interested in hearing more about that Gennett promo record.
>> Do you have it? What are the matrix number(s) from the dead area (if any)?
>> How about label scans?
>> Malcolm

I have an interesting old Columbia promotion record with a white banner
across that says,
"Special Price for Advertising Purposes only" 25c.
On the face side, the recording goes nearly to the normal sized label
with a very thin run in. The song is, "Good Night Little Girl, Good
Night", by Henry Burr. On the reverse side the label is oversized and
the short recording is a demonstration, with a short piece built
starting with one instrument and adding one at a time until a full
orchestra is heard, along with a sales pitch about the quality and
durability of Columbia records. The label is half the size of the record.
Has anyone else seen this or any like it?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.