[78-L] SOUNDIES Vocalists Questions

MarkCantor at aol.com MarkCantor at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 18:09:10 PDT 2009

      In what seems to be the never-ending research for what will be the
ultimate SOUNDIES filmography, I have come across a reference to a recording
by Freddie Martin and his Orchestra with vocalist Gene Grounds singing "Soft
Hearted." (20-1504) Can anyone suggest an approximate date for this
recording?   Does anyone know if Grounds was a regular with the band, or an add-on
for the recording date?   Anything else on record by him?   And while I am
being a monumental pest, the similar questions might be asked about vocalists
Gai Moran and Lou Adlon.

Mark Cantor
markcantor at aol.com