[78-L] How well did they do it.

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Thu Apr 30 11:14:59 PDT 2009

Steven "Red Bearded" C. Barr wrote:

> These days, I get VERY large bunches of 78's for VERY cheap...
> like 1500 for $50! My goal is to acquire as many (non-classical)
> 78's as I possibly can...and then use my archive to correct and
> complete the "Abrams Files!"

Dont ever mention it! Hhmmmm... In Madrid, you can get 78s from the shops
and flea markets for 3-5 euros a piece. I think there are ways to get them
cheaper in bulk lots, but I don't know where... of course, never at $50 for
1500-78s !!!

What a great chance I missed in my short visit to Canada. The very last day,
just before going to meet you, I was chatting in the SNC-Lavalin offices
with my colleagues. They asked me whom I was going to meet. I told them
about you and the 78s... and I can still remember the face of Mr. Crocker
telling to me... "DO YOU LIKE 78s???" and to the other colleague... "Barney:
this spanish guy likes 78s !!!" and followed "If you've told me before, I
could have taken you to a couple of interesting places to buy 78s " What a
pity! I could have come back to Spain with a truck loaded of canadian 78s...

Sssniffff !!!

Inigo