[78-L] Early announcers on records, was Clamp 'em down agin, Paw

GENE JOSLIN electrodeon at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 10:51:43 PDT 2009

Also remember the dj routines where they'd play Franklin McCormack recitations, inserting dialog as they went long, i.e.:
McCormack:  "Why do I Love You?"
DJ:  "I'll bite. Why?"

The great LA Jock, "Hogan" was great at this.

You can hear him on Capitol's "Serutan Yob".  (Nature Boy spelled backwards)

Jo Stafford was also involved in this side, years before the appearance of"Darlene Edwards".

Gene Joslin