[78-L] How well did they do it.

Jack Palmer vdalhart at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 29 21:05:48 PDT 2009

Cary,
    I have to back you up on Audrey Williams.  I can not tolerate her at all
even singing with her husband.
    I was lucky, or unlucky, enough to grow up in the 30s so my first music
that I remember was about 35 or 36.  We never owned a record player of any
sort so all my music came from the radio.  But I doubt if that gave me my
love of early 78s.  I love almost any music up to the 50s.  Rock and Roll
left me behind and while I like a few of the songs, most of it leaves me
dead.  Anything since that is unknown to me as I never listen to it.  This
included classical music such as symphonies and even some operas.
    Needless to say country music is included in the mix of any guy who
wrote a book about Vernon Dalhart. Jack