[78-L] "Bob Thomas" story

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 29 20:48:19 PDT 2009

I recieved the following story (along with a discographical update), which I'm passing along because I found it interesting, and I hope you do as well.

===
Here's a story about "Bob Thomas"  which I think is a pseudonym for Ernest Hare.   My wife's grandfather was a band leader in Baltimore until the Depression came along, at which time he started driving a cab.   His name was Bob Thomas.  He tried to get into radio broadcasting and told everyone he was Bob Thomas the singer.  He had a stash of Bob Thomas records which he distributed to potential employers as well as his family.   I had to break the news to my wife's family that he was not the real Bob Thomas.   Jim Berger
===

Tyrone