[78-L] American Dance Band Disco & ETs

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Apr 28 20:22:30 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Birgit Lotz Verlag" <Birgit-Lotz-Verlag at gmx.de>
> Once published the revised American Dance Band Discography will
> certainly be a great, MONUMENTAL work, it will be valid for decades to
> come, but it could have been much better by not deliberately ignoring
> available and relevant information.
> It drives me mad. I'll have to obtain the work anyway.

Well...we shall see!! The harsh and sad reality is that I USED to own
two different copies of ADBD...first, my own (with EXTENSIVE
notes/corrections/additions)...!! and, the second, an EXTENSIV|ELY
annotated copy purchased from (the late...anybody know for sure?!?!)
Bill Frase, who set out accumulating new/different data for ADBD
via RR back around 1970 +/-?!

I own MANY phonorecords which are/should be listed in ADBD...
so I shall have to do a record-by-record comparison of ADBD
entries vs. the applicable phonorecords...?!

In actual fact, this is EXACTLY what all 78 collectors should do!

Sir Brian Rust used old "new releases" entries in appropriate
journals to compile his work...there were OTHER resources
which he either chose NOT to use...or could not access in
the UK...?!

You folks MAY own a 78 which SHOULD be in ADBD, but
was missed!!!

...stevenc