[78-L] Great Shaw records...

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Apr 28 09:17:39 PDT 2009

Thanks,  Yves,  for reminding me of the Shaw record of "Pretty Girl."  I do
enjoy those early records of his band.

One of my total desert-island faves of Shaw is his Bluebird of You're A
Lucky Guy...what a great showcase for the saxes with that distinctive Les
Robinson lead...and that fantastic piano work back of Tony Pastor's vocal
from Bob Kitsis...what the heck ever became of him?  One of the best band
pianists of the era.  And I love that tune...one of those casual-sounding
pop efforts which sounds like a toss-off but has a lot of meat on its bones.
I often start my record-playing sessions with that side...gets me in a happy
and cranked-up mood every time!

Taylor