[78-L] Revised American Dance Band Discography

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Apr 27 21:26:35 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Unfortunately work on it started many years ago. Presumably, it wasn't
> in a format that lent itself to digitalising.

IF this is true...it simply means that the compilers had a VERY limited
comprehension of what can/should be "digitalized"...?!

ADBD...like ANY discographic work...is simply a printed-on-paper
manifestation of a Database!! As such, it wouldn't be THAT hard
to create a MS Access data table containing the information in
ADBD...which could then be imported into MS Word, producing
page examples which could be printed!!

I first discovered what computers could do in the area of discography
back in 1988, when I first acquired one...! I painstakingly typed the
Plaza matrix listing...and the Pathe listing from RR #51/52...into dBASE
III+...and quickly realized how that simplified searches and sorts...!!

Steven C. Barr