[78-L] Green stylus designation

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 27 13:24:45 PDT 2009

Ah yes! I have just received my Jonathan and Darlene Edwards 78 from
across the pond. It is sublime! It don't get much better than this.
What a lovely slice of vinyl (yes -- vinyl not shellac)

But -- here's my question of the day. I think I know the answer, but
want to be sure. On the A-side label next to the speed, its says
'Green'. If somewhat goldfish like memory serves me correctly, was
this not a designation used by UK record companies to tell you which
stylus to use -- green being for 78s and red I think for microgroove
recordings (lps and 45s). I seem to recall that this system didn't
last all that long.

Am I correct in my thinking?

Tony