[78-L] All Spice Records

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 27 11:13:35 PDT 2009

This is for David Diehl but also for anyone who can point me to more information about All Spice/Royalty/Swing/Personality.

All-Spice was a party label produced by the owners of Royalty Records in Paris, Texas.

A couple of months ago in Waco, that great party town, I came across some All Spice 78s and had no idea of their origin until I turned one over and found that the other side had a Royalty label on it.

Googling All Spice led me to David's website and his excellent information.

Last week in Shreveport I found two 78s on the Personality label and I suspect this is part of the Royalty empire because the label design is identical to Royalty including the three type faces used.

I also have two Swing 78s that site Paris, Texas, on their labels.  These are western swing 78s.  One is by Roy Lee Brown, younger brother of Milton.

Any info on All-Spice/Royalty/Swing/Personality would be very much appreciated.

The following have All-Spice labels on both sides:

no # Red Riding Hood/no # Rip Van Winkle
no # He Don't Wanna /no # Good Man Is Hard to Find
no # Row Row Row/no #  Argentina
DB-1 Row Row Row /no # Argentina
DB-1 Row Row Row/ DB-6 Good Man Is Hard to Find
DB-2 Down Argentene Way/DB-5 Mrs. Rip Van Winkle
DB-4 Red Riding Hood/DB-8  He Don't Wanna

These have Royalty labels on both sides:

DB-1 Row Row Row/DB-6 Good Man Is Hard to Find
DB-4 Red Riding Hood/DB-8 He Don't Wanna

This one has a Royalty label on one side and an All-Spice label on the other

Royalty label DB-6 Good Man Is Hard to Find/All-Spice label  DB-1 Row Row Row

All sides are by Dale Belmont/The Cover Girl Comedienne/Johnny Cola Trio.

The only references I've found to Dale Belmont are a Time magazine story about a dispute over a photo of Dale in a tight sweater and that she was married to a partner of Jack Ruby's.

Bill McClung
bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
EarthLink Revolves Around You.