[78-L] Songs with Fred Astaire in the lyrics

Alan Bunting alanbuntinguk at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 10:05:38 PDT 2009

Another group I'm in has received the following appeal from a BBC producer - any suggestions?

Alan Bunting

Hello Friends - Russell Davies & I are scratching our heads trying to recall as many classic songs of the '30s and '40s that mention Fred Astaire as possible - i.e. as in the Cole Porter 'You're The Top'  manner ("you're the nimble tread of the feet of Fred Astaire"). If you can think of any and are happy to help, please advise!

Roy Oakshott