[78-L] Clamp them records down, boys

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:55:29 PDT 2009

Has anyone tried the clothespin-on-the-spindle approach suggested by Brian Rust?

>From the AMERICAN RECORD LABEL BOOK:  '(HOTWs) usually have to be
clamped to the turntable by means of a clothespin or some similar
device, to keep them from riding up and throwing the pickup arm off
the record.  For best results, I suggest pasting the record to a
conventional shellac 78 of no value.  This assures a surface flat
enough for satisfactory playing, and is permanent.'