[78-L] Wade Mainer

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 08:03:34 PDT 2009

I haven't researched the songs, but most look to be public domain. What royalties are these people claiming? Certainly Mainer & clan were probably paid a?flat rate?per side for the sessions and aren't entitled to mechanical royalties for these. I wonder if they know that they were hornswaggled by Eli Oberstein or are they just figuring this out 70 years later?

Cary Ginell