[78-L] The Horn was Re: The recording studio in MGM's Sweethearts (1938)

William A. Brent bbrent at pipeline.com
Mon Apr 20 22:18:58 PDT 2009

At 12:39 AM 4/21/2009, you wrote:
>I have, thankfully, managed to escape that movie. May I assume that by
>"singing into a horn", you mean singing into a short wide-mouth
>flared-bell reproducing horn, as opposed to a long narrow-mouth
>conical-bell recording horn? :)

yeah - it is a bit painful - but if Mrs Caruso had her way - it still
would have been a weak film, but with a opera star that wouldn't draw
a movie crowd. - And the RCA sound track - even the mono version
had more echo than the grand canyon - but I digress -

There is a scene where Lanza is in a recording studio, and if
memory serves - it was a long horn.