[78-L] The recording studio in MGM's Sweethearts (1938)

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 21:00:03 PDT 2009

On the topic of a recording studio scene set in the 78 RPM era,
although in a much later film, I wonder how many others noticed in O
BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? the early scene with the group in the
recording studio, ostensibly in the late 1930s, where you see a Presto
machine happily cutting silent grooves at 45 RPM whilst the band
plays?