[78-L] fwd: 4-20 Day

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 20 14:10:52 PDT 2009

Some 78RPM content here..and if not, who cares, man?

I still have to watch last night's "Family Guy" which was a stoner's delight.

(Hmm..did David Rose have this in mind when he wrote "4:20 AM"?)

dl

------------------------------------
from radio-info

Your Playlist For Monday 4/20
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:47:08 pm » Quote

April 20th is a special day in the cannabis community (across America -
ESPECIALLY the West Coast and up in Canada) and around the world. The hipper
alternative rock radio stations have known this for years and created special
playlists of alternative rock songs about pot for April 20 (sometimes in the
4:00 pm hour, sometimes all day.) It's so popular now, even mainstream media is
getting into the act (check out this schedule for G4 TV):

http://g4tv.com/420/splash.aspx

So how did "4-20" become such a magical number? It's usually attributed as old
California police code for someone smoking pot. Nothing else. In one of those
rare occasions with pot smokers where somebody had a great idea, but usually
can't remember what it was, somebody at least recorded that one for posterity
back in the '70s. And it's only grown ever since.

Now if you're wondering what to play on 4/20, here's your solution!:

As we prepare for Stoner New Year, as I call it (4/20 at 4:20 PM) here's the
ultimate playlist for The 420 Holiday (additions still always welcome!:

"The Great Smoke Off" Shel Silverstein
"Legalize It" Peter Tosh
"Sweet Leaf" Black Sabbath
"Pass The Marijuana" Sublime
"You're A Viper" Stuff Smith and his Onyx Club Boys
"Smoke Two Joints" The Toyes/Sublime
"Gimmie A Reefer" Bessie Smith
"Hits From The Bong" Cypress Hill
"Don't Step On The Grass, Sam" Steppenwolf
“You Don't Know How It Feels” Tom Petty
"High" Feeder
"Don't Bogart Me" Fraternity Of Man/Little Feat
"Hash Pipe" Weezer
"Wildwood Weed" Jim Stafford
"Because I Got High" Afroman
"Stoned Soul Picnic" The Fifth Dimension
“Comfortably Numb” Pink Floyd
"Too Rolling Stoned" Robin Trower
"Marijuana In Your Brain" Lords Of Acid
"Pass The Dutchie" Musical Youth
"Texas Tea Party" Benny Goodman
"M.V. (Marijuana)" Nirvana
"Rainy Day Women 12 & 35" Bob Dylan
"Who Got The Hooch" Everything
"Champagne and Reefer" BB King
"Along Comes Mary" The Association
"Mary Jane" Rick James
"And It Stoned Me" Van Morrison
"Save The Roach For Me" Buck Washington
"My Name Is Bud" NOFX
"Muggles" Louis Armstrong
"Smokin'" Boston
"Billy Bardo" Johnny Paycheck
"The Ganja Man" Lee "Scratch" Perry
"Homegrown" Neil Young
"I Got Stoned And I Missed It" Dr. Hook
"Seeds and Stems (Again)" Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen
"Reefer Man" Cab Calloway
"One Toke Over The Line" Brewer & Shipley
"That Cat Is High" Manhattan Transfer
"Burn One Down" Ben Harper
"The Devil Went To Jamaica" Travis Meyer
"420" Kottonmouth Kings
"Panama Red" New Riders of The Purple Sage
"Cheeba Cheeba" Tone Loc
"Hash Cake '77" Hawkwind
"Roll Another Number" Neil Young
"White Punks On Dope" The Tubes
"Let's Go Get Stoned" Ray Charles
"Insane In The Brain" Cypress Hill
"The Thoughts Of Mary Jane" Nick Drake
"Marijuanaville" Tenacious D
"Puff The Magic Dragon" Peter, Paul & Mary
"And She Was" Talking Heads
"Copperhead Road" Steve Earle
"Tomorrow Never Knows" Beatles
"There She Goes" Sixpence None The Richer/The La's
"Are You Experienced" Jimi Hendrix
"Last Dance With Mary Jane" Tom Petty
"Bong Hits For Breakfast" Staind
"Heaven Is A Halfpipe" OPM
"Marijuana" Phish
"Marrakesh Express" Crosby Stills & Nash
"Smokin' In The Boys Room" Brownsville Station/Motley Crue
"Hits From The Bong" Cypress Hill
"What If God Smoked Cannabis" Bob Rivers
“Kaya” Bob Marley
“The Joker” Steve Miller Band
“Sinsemilla” Black Uhuru
“Let's Go Smoke Some Pot” Dash Rip Rock
“Captain Jack” Billy Joel
“Got To Get You Into My Life” The Beatles
“Little Green Bag” George Baker Selection
"Marijuana Australiana” The Layabouts
“Lady Jane” Rolling Stones

There's a ZILLION songs that merely reference pot...I'm listing the ones that
were about or if not, "associated" with pot use.

Any others? (NO other drugs, just pot.....)