[78-L] Selmer label

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Sun Apr 19 15:26:30 PDT 2009

Yes, it's related to the instruments. It began in 1947, I think;
director: Maurice Tézé; pressed by Pathé-Marconi (French EMI).
In December 1950, Ducretet-Thomson absorbed Selmer and the records were
pressed by SAIP, in Sartrouville. The first Ducretet-Thomson-Selmer
catalogue was issued in March 1951. From January 1953 on, Selmer's name
disappeared and the numbering system changed.

I have some Coleman Hawkins improvisations on Selmer 78s (without
accompaniment).

BC