[78-L] Freed, also Gloria Grafton

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Apr 19 11:09:12 PDT 2009

Do I recall that Arthur Freed spent a few years in Seattle and graduated
from the old Broadway High School?

Another illustrious Broadway grad who may be known to some collectors was
singer Gloria Grafton,  who,  sadly,  only made a few records in the
mid-30s,  including (with Whiteman) a couple of songs she introduced in
Billy Rose's Jumbo:  My Romance,  and Little Girl Blue.  I recently learned
that she married bandleader Orville Knapp just a few months before he was
killed while trying to land his small plane.

Taylor B