[78-L] Red Ingle (was Jonathan and Darlene Edwards)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 18 13:32:20 PDT 2009

agp wrote:
> At 19:56 18/04/2009, you wrote:
>> Re Red Ingle..get the Bear Family CD. Has all the Capitol and Mercury issues
>> plus amazing background and documentation, a picture of Hawthorn etc.
>>
>> dl
>
> I have the Bear Family CD -- but I don't recall the Mercury release
> (Don't Let the Stars Get in Yours) being on it. I do seem to recall
> some tracks that were on Spin-o-rama though -- not from 78 to the
> best of my knowledge.

You could be right..the notes list everything but are confusing as to which
tracks are actually on the disc. The Spin-o-rama tracks may be from Soundies or
the equivalent.

> But -- my copy of the CD is flawed. There is one track -- forget
> which one (maybe Nickodemo), that has a jump at the beginning. I
> always wondered if they fixed that

I never liked Nickodemo so I've never played that track on the CD. But it seems
to me that there's definitely one track transferred off speed (too fast).

> I have considered doing a Red Ingle website on a domain named using
> his name, but have held off so as not to cause legal issues with his
> family for using his name. Haven't had the time to do it either!

Redingulous.

(Howlllllllld are you?)