[78-L] Ge laughing record (was: BACKGROUND ARTIFACTS)

Dnjchi at aol.com Dnjchi at aol.com
Sat Apr 18 10:16:27 PDT 2009

In a message dated 4/18/2009 12:27:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
malcolm at 78data.com writes:

> I  have it.  Doesn't everyone?
>
>  Gennett  4994-A  Gennette Laughing Record Al. H. Weston &  Irene Young
> (8096)
>
>           -B Valse Ma Jolie   Nathan Glantz   sax solo, orch acc.
> (8088)
>
> Don  Chichester
>
> *******

That's  one of them, Don. There were two issues accounted for to date.
Yours is  one.
The other is

Ge 4994-A   Gennett Laughing  Record
Al H. Weston & Irene Young
(8096a) [rec. 11/08/22  NYC]

Ge 4944-B   Blue Danube Waltz
Capodiferro's  Band
(7776) [rec. 02/21/22 NYC]

Note also that both recorded takes  of the laughing record, 8096(plain) &
8096a, were issued, both  recorded on the same date, Nov. 8, 1922.
And, just to be complete, mx 8088  (3 takes recorded - plain, a & B) was
recorded on Oct. 31, 1922  NYC.

Re-check your matrix number of "Valse Ma Jolie"(from the runout  area,
please) and let me know what take you have. Currently, I only show  the
-B take as having been issued.
Malcolm

Yes, it's B.  Incidently, is that typo on Blue Danube Waltz at Gennett
4944?

Don Chichester
**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.
Try the new Email Toolbar now!