[78-L] BACKGROUND ARTIFACTS

Dnjchi at aol.com Dnjchi at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 17:36:20 PDT 2009

In a message dated 4/17/2009 8:34:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
djwein at earthlink.net writes:

> By  the way, why were so many Victor records by Gene Austin,  Whispering
Jack
> Smith and Helen Kane recorded at such low  levels?  They all had quiet
> voices, you'd think the engineers  would have increased the recording
volume.

And the  Gertrude Lawrence and Bea Lillie Victors of 1926!

Dave  W.

I believe it had to do with the acoustic players with uncompliant needles
that could not play the louder records well.

Don Chichester

**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221246370x1201421635/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html?cat=adbuy&src=pl
atforma&adid=aolfooter&newurl=reg_path.html)