[78-L] Christine Chatman 78

james n. vandrisse jnormanvandrisse at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 13:06:32 PDT 2009

    I have recently found a Christine Chatman and Her Orchestra 78 on Decca, Blues Foxtrot with singing by Mabel Smith, "Hurry, Hurry", b/w Blues Foxtrot instrumental "Naptown Boogie". Is this a pseudonym for Memphis Slim? Does anyone here know who is Christine Chatman, no listing could I find listed in my Brian Rust discographies. Is she a real person maybe of the family of Memphis Slim and Sam Chatman, The Mississippi Sheiks, Bo Carter,etc.? Who is in her excellent orchestra line-up?