[78-L] HOW LONG

buster busterdog at mac.com
Wed Apr 15 09:14:09 PDT 2009

You can fit 700 mb of mp3 music.  CD capacity isn't measured in
minutes - that's just a guideline.  If you're using itunes, you can
see the size of each file by adding that column to the list view.

Go into prefs and make sure you're importing as mp3 and not any of the
other formats, which tend to be larger. You can also select the import
bit rate there, and 128 is probably fine for 78 stuff. iTunes also has
a menu item where you select a file or files and convert them from
aiff or other formats to mp3.

Just explore the software a little and all this will be obvious.