[78-L] HOW LONG

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Wed Apr 15 09:13:13 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <agp2176 at verizon.net>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] HOW LONG

>I think that iTunes is probably using a higherbitrate. It may also use
>variable bitrate (vbr) which means you with vary between 1 and 2 meg a
>minute. I think iTunes encodes at 160 kbps, so maybe 1.25 meg a minute.

   Aggggrh! I GUESS I'll have to embrace this technology when I run out of
cars with tape players?!Haven't taken THAT plunge, ya LOOK at a disc, can't
SEE how much is left to stuff songs on?HOW do ya change the speeds on these
things anyhow? No lever on the player?Like the DVD player that WON'T let you
fast forward past alota the crap in the beginning of a movie? The good old
VHS things you could "Cue" into the movie ya wanna look at! Well, I'll admit
the pix IS better on the DVD when it doesn't STICK! And you can't fast
forward to get out of "Freeze" mode!Good and bad with everything, I guess?

   Seeya

   Bob