[78-L] Scopitones, anyone?

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Tue Apr 14 21:11:15 PDT 2009

Maybe that's him. His scopitone compilation is VHS, though -- I just got rid of my player. Shame; he's got Francoise Hardy, Gale Garnett, Jane Morgan, Vic Damone, Debbie Reynolds, the Touchdown Girls (?) and Mr. Eraserhead (??) on his.

Morgan, Damone, and Reynolds and maybe others bring us back into 78-dom.

People who think the sixties was only about the Grateful Dead and Jimi Hendrix tend to gloss over stuff like this, which was actually much more prevalent.

Who is January Jones? The only one I know about is an actress on "Mad Men", and was born a decade after Scopitones died. Unfortunately, she's making it impossible to google the earlier one.