[78-L] The Wrong Gramophone.

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 14 19:30:07 PDT 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
> David Lennick wrote:
>> "The Last Picture Show", in 1952, has an early RCA 45 player at the pool party,
>> playing "The Thing", and clearly shows a light-colored label on the disc that's
>> spinning, not the black RCA Victor label.
>>
>> Blah blah blah....
>>
>> dl
>>

> In the U.S. this record came out on 45 with a blue label that would
> photograph lighter than a black label.  However I was not looking at the
> record player in that scene.
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Of course not! But how many times do you need to look at Cybill's striptease
hoping something else'll show up that Bogdanovich forgot to edit? I also didn't
look at the record player long enough to notice whether it was the one with a
speaker or just the attachment (a machine I still have, by the way).