[78-L] The Hill With It...

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Tue Apr 14 08:58:23 PDT 2009

OK. I won't extend this subject any further except to say that in my mind
the different sounds made by a "sweet" band and those made by the  big pre
and swing era bands from mebbe 1931 and on is unmistakable. The sweet bands
were loved by the older, more conservative patrons of the dance palaces.
while the more "modern" swing bands sounded like Chinese music to these
folks and were not favored by them until the tide of the swing bands in,
let's say ,1937 or so became irresistable and the palladiums had to let them
in.
It is and was a wide and unbridgeable gulf but each has their loyal and well
meaning supporters. (-:

Al Simmons