[78-L] Good post from fnarf

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 09:17:30 PDT 2009

You are correct, Al. In fact, I cannot think of any black band which was
considered a sweet band. The nearest I can think of was the Teddy Wilson
1939 band, but only at certain times. George Simon characterized the band as
'polite,' but its ballad recordings definitely put this band in the 'sweet'
category.

What do you think?

Jeff