[78-L] What was this music book called ?

D P Ingram darren at ingram.fi
Sun Apr 12 12:10:15 PDT 2009

Hi..

Can someone help me narrow this down ? A few years ago I was in a used
book store and saw a book I wish I bought. It was a sort of dictionary
but of music and it had brief summaries of stories behind certain
pieces of classical and Classic music, a sort of A to Z mini
bibliography. So you might see a title "1812 Overture" (for example)
and it might have 100-200 words saying the inspiration behind the
composition.  And of course, I never bought it (money was short) and
now I wish I did. It was either American or British (in English anyway).

Any clues as the "obvious" keywords I've tried have not been
sufficiently obvious to yield results.

Many thanks, Darren

¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦
¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦  www.ingram.fi ¦
¦
¦ +358 6 781 0275 (FIN) ¦ +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE) ¦ +44 203 014 3839
(UK) ¦
¦ extn 8001
¦