[78-L] Passover^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Apr 12 12:07:08 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Julian Vein wrote:
>
>> DRJAZZ78 at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the reminder, and Happy Passover to all our Jewish  friends!
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>
>> ----------------
>> It'll be even happier on Tuesday when Tesco start selling "Kosher for
>> Passover" matzo meal at half price!
>>
>>       Julian Vein
>>

> You mean you're still fasting?
>
> dl
Wrong holiday.  This is the one where we have to make our sandwiches
with matzo.  Learning to eat a hamburger on brittle matzo is more of a
rite of passage than is a Bar Mitzvah.

By the way, in the U.S.the 2-liter Coke with the yellow caps are the
Kosher for Passover formula using real sugar (like the Mexican
Coca-Cola) instead of corn sweetner..  But I have yet to have anyone
able to explain the DIET Cokes with the yellow caps!  When my mother was
a child, her family ran the Michaelson Kosher Deli in Borough Park,
Brooklyn, and she told me that every year the day or two before Passover
the food distributor salesmen would come to the store and paste Kosher
for Passover labels on the things already on the shelves!  And remember,
this was -- and still is -- the most Orthadox Jewish area in the
country! (The store location is now a Chinese laundry run by real
Chinese.  Leah and I made a pilgrimage to it a few years ago and
videotaped it and the neighborhood, and phoned my mother from in front
of the store -- which also was the building where her childhood home
was.  Unfortunately she passed away a few weeks later before she could
see the tape.)

Mike (still eating hamburgers on matzo) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com