[78-L] Book review request

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 11 18:53:06 PDT 2009

simmonssomer wrote:
> I believe the well known "authority" who refused to read "Lost Sounds" on
> the grounds that it was "racist" may be someone who plays the trumpet and
> holds forth at a famous NYC venue.

My view on the study of any history is that it can be a little like an
autopsy. Can be ugly, unpleasant. The revisionists would like to look at
it through the glass of the modern more and knowledge base, but it must
not be taken out of the context of the time in which it occurred. Any
study done without this in mind is patently false from the git-go.

Thanks for your views.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.