[78-L] Musical Mobsters

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Apr 10 22:03:56 PDT 2009

Slang:  VO DO DO DE-O BLUES

Depression: REMEMBER MY FORGOTTEN MAN,  BROTHER CAN YOU SPARE A DIME.  IVE
GOTTA GET UP AND GO TO WORK

Silents to talkies:  I CAN'T SLEEP IN THE MOVIES ANY MORE

Prohibition;  GOODBYE BROADWAY,  HELLO MONTREAL and also my favorite satiric
record on the subject,  TEMPERANCE IS COMING recorded on Harmony by Arthur
Fields and on a great two-part Brunswick by Fields and Hall.

Women in the 20s (and men):  MASCULINE WOMEN,  FEMININE MEN.

Taylor B