[78-L] Mon Collecion incluye les 78s de Quebec!

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 10 10:25:26 PDT 2009

One of the (many) joys of 78s collecting is finding a song done in really
different styles.  Chuck Berry's Thirty Days done by Ernest Tubb.  Hound
Dog done by Billy Starr and Jack Turner and Betsy Gay and Little Esther and
Big Mama Thornton and Elvis and Tommy Duncan.   Sixty Minute man by the
Dominoes and the York Brothers.  And many, many more.

Another joy is finding the language crossover.  In the late 40s and early
50s there was a huge demand for Spanish language juke box records in south
Texas and local labels and local bands came together to produc records with
both original songs and covers of the hits of the day.  I'm having a blast
hearing what's on these.

Hearing about the Coasters in French and Mary Ann in Jamaican style is
great fun.