[78-L] Mon Collecion incluye les 78s de Quebec!

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 09:12:16 PDT 2009

Gee -- I'm on a roll with nifty records today . just got two goodies
in the mail.

First one is Mary Ann by Sir Lancelot on Fiesta, out of New York
City. Yep -- the track covered by Terry Gilkyson and the Easy Riders
on Columbia in 1957.

But the one I'm really interested in, and for religious reasons that
I won't go into, won't listen to until tomorrow, is a Quebecois 78 on
Fleur de Lys (out of Montreal) called Pis Apres? by Lionel et Pierre.
So, why should this be son interesting, you might ask. (well, you
might!) Well -- its because it isa French language cover of Along
Came Jones as done by The Coasters.

This one is the sort of thing that makes collecting a thrill, for I
have a group that I know nothing about on a regional label. My guess,
base on my scant reserach is that Lionel et Pierre were very very
popular in Quebec and continued to as such through the 60s. It seems
that they were more country than R&B.

Anyone here have any insight on the Qubecois music scene in the late 50s?

Tony