[78-L] Fwd: Community Update: 78discography

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Apr 8 18:29:12 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <soundthink at aol.com>
> OK, I don't understand this at all. Is this a Thai slave girl scam? And
> why is it sent under "78discography"?
> Cary Ginell
<snip>

Answer(s) all simple...EXCEPT I don't know or understand why you got a
copy!

"Community Zero" WAS once...a decade or so ago...an operation which
allowed its users to post large amounts of digital data for other users. A
decade or so ago, it changed from a free service to a "pay to play" one...!
When I first started using it, I created the "78discog Community" to make
the "Abrams Files" net-accessible...but when it started to cost me money,
I abandoned that idea...! However, the "Community" still exists...and I
get occasional notices concerning it, as the "Owner" of that Community!

Like virtually ALL net activity, it also attracts cheap "porn merchants"
who post their SPAM (ads)...and it was one of those messages that
appears to have been mentioned in the message you somehow
received...why, I know not!!

...stevenc