[78-L] (no subject)

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Apr 8 15:02:26 PDT 2009

There are many auction and sale bargains to be had,  but these days it would
be difficult to put together a cohesive collection of anything only through
bargain hunting.

When Russ Connor auctioned off his Goodman collection ca. 1979-80 I took a
plunge and bid $48 - $50 for each of his Blue Wax Columbias...I won all but
one and have never regretted getting such nice copies,  although at the time
I might have paid "too much" by some people's measure.

He also had super copies of both the Steve Washington Vocalions...the best
I've ever seen.  I coughed up about $135 each for those and still treasure
those copies.  I love those records,  as I have mentioned here before.

A while ago,  I got an E+  Henderson Perfect in a little lot which cost a
total of   $3.27 plus shipping.  That eases the pain of  the $50 dance bands
which I sometimes fight for these days.

Taylor B