[78-L] Al Klink-Eddie Condon's

davdieh at aol.com davdieh at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 12:03:25 PDT 2009

 -----Original Message-----

That was his point,  but he did say "died" at least in the account I read.
I love the Miller sound and have never quite understood why so many
musicians disliked it and do so to this day.  It's not as if many other
bands didn't use formulas.

Taylor

Try playing that sound 4 hours a night, six nights a week. And, wait, you're a jazz tenor player who might get two eight-bar solos per night,
meanwhile you gotta listen to Tex Beneke play his yakkity sax all damn' night.
David Diehl