[78-L] Record collecting [was (no subject)]

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 7 01:48:32 PDT 2009

At 21:49 03/04/2009, you wrote:
>I suppose there are at least three types of record collector; those who
>collect for rarity's sake; those who consider the music thereon worthy
>of preserving and those who want to preserve them as a historical record.
>
>       Julian Vein

I collect 78s just for the fun of it. Unlike 45s (don't collect Lps
at all!) , where I may collect to get a full run of a label or
artist, with 78s because it is broad a field in terms of years and
genres, I just love getting a 'junk box' and sorting through it,
listening to everything, and finding new faves.

I think its also because I am very bitter and biased about radio.
After all, these isn't the stuff that Joe, Bob, or Jack, who lie when
they say 'We play anything', will ever play. I believe the music
should live on in hearts, and be played! By buying and collecting
records it will.

Tony