[78-L] You get what you pay for

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Apr 6 21:50:53 PDT 2009

Steve the Beard wrote:
>>  In the
>> not TOO distant future,I shall begin receiving my US Social Security
>> and have a little bit to spend on *RECORDS*!!

Don't let Rushbo know that we're sending some of his SS tax money north
of the border instead of letting him keep it for his drug habits.

>> However, Len
>> Kunstadt is no longer with us...nor are (I assume) Bill Frase or
>> Peter Leavitt...?! (confirmations here...?!). So...seeing as how
>> I can't bring myself to meet Kurt N's $3 minimum...

Actually, near the end you would be hard put to find any 50 cent minimum
records in Lenny's list -- even with an electron microscope!  Almost
every uncracked record had an upped minimum noted.
>> can anyone
>> out there in Radio-Land recommend any "cheap-minima" mail
>> auctions of 78's...?!
>>
>> Steven C. Barr
>>
> Taylor Bowie wrote:
>
> The cheap auctions are on eBay..take your pick and take your chances.

But the shipping charges are more than Kurt's $3 buck minimum.
> Why would any reputable mail order dealer in the year 2009 bother to list
> records for less than three bucks?  Unless you assume that his/her time
> isn't worth anything at all.   Taylor B

My time is your time . . .    And we're sitting here writing on the
78-L.  Isn't that PROOF that our time isn't worth anything??!!!

And by the way Steve, if you want to reach your goal of EFREM, you're
gonna have to PAY!!

Mike (who just did better on Darrell's list that I thought I would)
Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com